The new Lavalinx WordPress Plugin was releases a couple weeks ago and is now available in the WordPress plugin directory. I wanted to include a few things that may be helpful to those using the plugin.
1. The WordPress plugin has functionality built into it that pulls posts from other sites to trade with that match your either your site’s categories, or your page’s tags. Because of this it makes it really important to tag everything properly so that you can facilitate relevant link trades. Contextual links related to the content will always give you the most bang for the SEO.
2. When a link trade is accepted you may need to wait a while for the links to post. The reason for this is there is caching functionality that is only updated periodically through the day. The blog that you trade with may also having additional caching functionality. It would be wise to give 4-8 hours for a trade to complete. However, many blogs will post links within minutes.
3. If you want the Lavalinx plugin, do NOT sign up for an account through this website, just search for the Lavalinx plugin from within the Plugin section of your blog.
4. There are some SEO plugins that interfere with the plugins ability to post links. For example the default SEO tool in WPzoom prevents the links from posting.
5. Links that are posted on blog pages are DYNAMIC. This means that if you update your Receiving Page details, those link details will be updated on all the blog posts that contain your link.
I will update this post with other helpful tips as we move forward