1. Does the plugin create link pages and/or directories in my blog?
The Lavalinx plugin does NOT create link pages or directories. It uses your current posts as potential Sending Pages (Pages that links can be placed on).
2. What is a Receiving Page?
A Receiving Page is a page or post that links will be pointed to. It receives links.
3. What can I do to get the most benefit from my Receiving Page?
When creating your backlink make it a contextual link with your targeted keywords as the anchor text. For example if your targeted keyword is pet care you would make your link something like this: Find out how proper pet care is essential to your pet’s health. Also don’t forget to properly tag your Receiving Page. The Lavalinx plugin uses your tags to find other relevant posts, so that you can make a relevant link exchange.
4. Can I opt out my posts from being Sending Pages?
Yes, just open up the post for editing in WordPress and click on the “Hide from lavalinx” box, usually at the bottom of the right column.
5. What happens to my link exchanges if I delete or deactivate the plugin?
All link exchanges will be removed from posts on your site and the sites that you have traded with. However, all link exchanges will be saved in Lavalinx’ database in case you reactivate the plugin.
6. How long does it take for a link to be posted?
When trade is accepted links are automatically posted on the blogs involved in the trade. The API only communicates every 10 minutes or so with plugin, so links may take up to 10-15 minutes for posting. Also, some sites may have caching functionality that will take links even longer to post.
7. What do I do if I never see my link posted on the trader’s site?
Wait up to 24 hours because some sites may use caching functionality. If you don’t see your link up after that, delete the link trade.
8. Can I trade with a site that I have previously deleted a link trade?
9. Where are the links posted in the blog post?
Links are placed just above the comments area of a post.
10. How does Lavalinx find relevant posts for trading?
Lavalinx looks at the categories and tags of Receiving Pages and matches them up with Sending Pages on other sites with the same categories and tags.
11. Can I manage multiple blogs with the Lavalinx plugin?
The Lavalinx plugin is made to work with one blog at a time. However, you can manage multiple sites with a Lavalinx account.
12. How many sites are in the Lavalinx network?
We’ve only just recently released this plugin, so the network currently has hundreds of sites. The network is growing fast, however, because SEOs are finding that they can get guestpost quality links without having to write guestposts.
13. What happens if I edit my backlink information on a Receiving Page and the same Receiving Page is used in a number of trades?
The contextual backlink information will be automatically updated on all blog posts that have a backlink to you.
14. Can I make multiple trades with the same site?
No. Once you’ve made a trade with a site all posts from that site will no longer show up for trades. If for some reason you want to move your link to a different page, just delete the link trade and submit it again with new link details.
15. Does Lavalinx put any links on my site linking back to Lavalinx?
No. When using Lavalinx there are no links or footprints added to your blog that reference Lavalinx. You can link to us if you like our service though.
I will try to update this list with new questions as they come in. Leave a comment if you have specific questions.